Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lab #2: Cellphones!

Chelsea's Phone! (my pic wouldn't upload! =[ but here is a link to it...)
(http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2549521&l=5ca6d&id=582540427)
Being without my phone for 31 hours wasn't too bad, but it was definitely a challenge! I felt so disconnected to my friends and family. I had to go looking for people when I needed them, instead of just texting them. I know that I am very dependent on my phone; it is how I feel most connected to everyone. When I have my phone I am usually texting people. So without it, I felt almost lonely. But it definitely showed me how dependent on technology I am to keep in touch with people. I usually talk to my mom everyday, so it was really hard to not talk to her for that period of time!

Michael's Phone! (as above, my pic wouldn't upload either! =[ )
Being without my phone was not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm quite busy, so there have been many times where I have not been able to talk to my family/friends for 31 hours. The most inconvenient part was being unable to call people to schedule rehearsals, time to work on homework, and get information about classes. It caused me to do alot more running around to look at boards and attempt to find people! However, I feel if this assignment lasted for a week it would have been EXTREMELY difficult because I would not be able to contact my family.

Rebecca's Phone!
Being without my phone for over a day was hardly unmanagable. I barely use my phone as it is and the hardest thing is the fact that I couldn't talk to people back home. I have family and friends that I like to keep in touch with and without my phone it made it difficult to communicate with them. For instance I had to inform my mother before I did this project that I wouldn't be able to call her because she freaks out when I don't talk to her everyday! On campus it was easy to go without my phone because the most I do with my phone on campus is text people to find out were they are. This expirement helped to show me that people are too dependent on there phones because they prefer to text someone or call them rather then walk a few doors down to ask there question or talk to them. It also showed me that people aren't getting as much face to face contact anymore since it is easier for them to sit in there rooms/houses then actually go to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment